Weslaco Car Accident Lawyer

The financial impact of a car crash can rival the actual impact of your collision. Allow a Weslaco car crash lawyer to help you soften the blow.

People are no less likely to make mistakes on the road today than they were decades ago, which helps explain why most drivers will experience a car accident at one point or another. While you may not be able to prevent an accident that another driver causes, you can help stem the losses you suffer by receiving full and fair financial compensation.

To get the compensation you deserve for your accident, contact a Weslaco car accident lawyer at J.A. Davis & Associates, LLP today.

Combating Insurance Tactics

Anyone who has dealt with an insurance company knows how difficult insurers can be to work with. To be clear, insurance adjusters are likely to use shady tactics against you in the claims process.

If you happen to say something that could accidentally make you sound responsible for your crash, you should expect that statement to diminish your ability to receive adequate damages, if any at all. Insurers won’t miss an opportunity to shortchange you after a car crash in Weslaco.

That’s why we recommend that you retain the services of a Weslaco car wreck lawyer before discussing the details of your crash with an insurer. If you work with a lawyer, you simply have to tell the insurer to call us, and we will handle the rest.

Common Losses in Weslaco Car Accidents

After your Weslaco car crash, you’re probably going to be dealing with more than medical bills and vehicle repairs. In fact, auto accidents can create a host of problems for victims. If the crash wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t have to pay for these problems out of pocket.

Examples of damages include the following:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages or earning potential
  • Emotional distress
  • Pain and suffering
  • Cost of vehicle repair or replacement
  • Loss of consortium
  • Worsened quality of life
  • Disability accommodations made to personal property

If your Weslaco crash claim is successful, you should receive comprehensive compensation for these and all other damages you have suffered. When calculating the varied ways in which your losses have impacted your life, you will want to take into account not only the past and present, but any projections for the future. A car accident lawyer can help you with that.

How Comparative Fault Might Affect Your Claim

One Texas legal standard you should definitely be familiar with is Texas’ use of modified comparative negligence, which only allows accident victims to recover damages if they’re not primarily liable for their accident.

In other words, holding even 51 percent of the liability would make you ineligible for compensation.

If you aren’t found primarily liable, you will be eligible for damages proportional to the fault of other parties. So, if the other driver in your Weslaco car accident was found 75 percent liable, you would likely receive 75 percent of potential damages if you held the remaining 25 percent of the blame.

Work with a Weslaco Car Accident Attorney

After a serious accident, victims often learn that their needs exceed what they are offered by the insurance company. But that doesn’t have to be the end of your pursuit of compensation.

Contact a Weslaco car accident lawyer at J.A. Davis & Associates, LLP today to find out more about how we can help you pursue comprehensive compensation that covers all—not just some—of your needs. To get started, call us at 210-732-1062 or fill out the form below.